Attention! Till April 01, 2015 all Representative/Branch offices of foreign companies in Russia need to undergo reaccreditation procedure!
Starting January 01, 2015, the Federal Law No. 106-FL «On modification of certain acts of the Russian Federation» came into force. This Law changes legal regulations of the procedures for creating Representative and Branch Offices of foreign companies, as well as their activities on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Also, changes concerning questions of accreditation of Representative and Branch offices and maintaining their State Register are made to the Federal Law No. 160-FL «On foreign investments in the Russian Federation».
Questions of accreditation are now transferred to the jurisdiction of the Federal Tax Service (FTS), except for accreditation of Representative offices of foreign credit organizations.
According to the abovementioned legislation, Branches and Representative offices of foreign legal entities have to be entered in the State Register before April 1, 2015.
This requirement of the Federal Law is obligatory. Non-compliance leads to the termination of accreditation of Representative offices and Branches of foreign companies on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Total period of reaccreditation — 16 (sixteen) working days (including time of the negotiation of the number of foreign employees in the Chamber of Commerce of the Russian Federation).
Services for reaccreditation includes the following:
- Preparation of documents for reaccreditation and confirmation of number of foreign employees;
- Advising on the procedure of reaccreditation;
- Submission of documents to certify the number of foreign employees in the Russian Chamber of Commerce;
- Filing of documents for reaccreditation to the Federal Tax Service of the Russian Federation;
- Receipt of documents confirming reaccreditation in the Register.
For reaccreditation the following documents are required:
- The documents confirming the accreditation, permission that were issued before January 1, 2015 (the provision, the certificate/permission);
- The power of attorney providing the Head of foreign Branch or Representative office in the territory of the Russian Federation with the necessary powers.
Please, note that the foreign documents must have an original stamp of consular legalization or an Apostille unless legalization procedure is not required due to an international agreement of the Russian Federation.
All foreign documents must be translated into Russian. Apostilled documents are valid during 1 (one) year following the date of Apostille.
If you have any questions or you would like to order the service of reaccreditation of your Representative or Branch office — please, do not hesitate to contact our office:
+7 499 23 800 23