Protection of Intellectual property (IP) enables our Clients not only to gain additional profit from assigning rights to use IP assets to third parties, but also legally reduces the profit tax base by the amount of royalties received based on licensing agreements. Also, it is possible to contribute IP assets into authorized capital during the formation or re-structuring of a business entity without attracting significant monetary resources.
In the Russian Federation intellectual property and copyright relations are governed both by the legislation of the Russian Federation and by international treaties:
Russia: Patent law, Law “On trademarks, service marks and names of places of the goods”, Federal Law “On copyrights and associated rights”.
International treaties: World Convention on copyright law, Berne Convention for the protection of literary and artistic works of 1886, International Convention for the protection of performers, producers of phonograms and broadcasting organizations (Rome Convention, 1961, Geneva Convention for the protection of producers of phonograms against unauthorized duplication of their phonograms of 1971, Agreement on cooperation in copyright and contiguous rights’ protection of 1993.
We offer a set of IP protection services:
- Legal support on IP protection;
- Registration of trademarks, license agreements, rights on software, patents, and inventions;
- Protection of copyright on software and databases;
- Legal analysis of licensing agreements;
- Contract drafting (development and research contracts, copyright and license agreements);
- Registration of trademarks with the State Customs Committee for the control over importing of goods bearing trademarks;
- Consulting on advertising issues, registration of magazines and newspapers.