Registration of companies in Belarus
MAIN LAWS ON COMPANY REGISTRATION IN BELARUS:
The Civil Code of Republic of Belarus (October 28, 1998), Decree of the President of Republic of Belarus “On the State Registration and Liquidation of Business Entities” (January 16, 2009), Decree of the President of Republic of Belarus “On Development of Entrepreneurship” (November 23, 2017).
MAIN BUSINESS LEGAL STRUCTURES IN BELARUS:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC).
- Joint or Foreign Limited Liability Company.
- Joint-Stock Company (JSC).
- Representative Offices (commercial or non-profit)
NAME OF AN LLC IN BELARUS:
In Belarus, a name of a legal entity is checked, because it must be unique, and a statement of approval of a name is issued as a result. Legal entities with foreign participation, when using names in foreign languages, must use transliteration in the national language and in Russian. Words “Belarus” and “Minsk” or their abridged equivalents may be used only by the firms with public equity participation.
MINIMUM AUTHORIZED CAPITAL OF AN LLC IN BELARUS:
The minimum authorized capital of an LLC in Belarus has not been established.
MAIN SERVICES OF REGISTRATION OF A COMPANY IN BELARUS:
- Preparation of constituent documents of an LLC;
- Registration of an LLC in tax authorities;
- Ordering and receiving of a seal;
- Registration of data on the companies in extra-budgetary funds;
- Opening of current accounts for a company in Belarus and abroad.
BACKGROUND DATA REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION OF AN LLC IN BELARUS*:
- Company name;
- Registered address (can be provided by us);
- Participant’s data (name, citizenship, passport/company’s constituent documents);
- Amount of the authorized capital;
- Kinds of activities;
- Chosen bank in Belarus and kinds of accounts to be opened therewith;
- Other documents and data at the request of the experts of ALPS & CHASE.*
* All of the documents must be provided in advance, so we have time to translate them into Russian. All provided documents must be notarized and legalized in Belarussian Embassy of a participant’s (shareholder’s) country or apostilled according to Hague Convention of 1961 by the relevant authorities after notarization.
For the participants from CIS countries (Russia, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, and Georgia), no apostilization or legalization of the documents is required according to the Minsk Convention on Legal Assistance and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Cases (dated January 23, 1993) (please, note – depending on the kind of legal actions, there can be some exceptions).
PRESENCE OF THE PARTICIPANTS DURING REGISTRATION OF A COMPANY:
In Belarus we can perform registration of a company for you without the presence (under a Power of Attorney) of an entity or individuals.
TERM OF REGISTRATION OF AN LLC IN BELARUS:
Registration of an LLC is performed on a day of document submission. However, tax registration and manufacturing of a seal usually take 10 business days. Please, take account of the time necessary for preparation and translation of the documents.
APPOINTMENT OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL IN BELARUS:
You can appoint either a citizen of Belarus or a foreign citizen to a position of the Director General.
According to the laws of Republic of Belarus, for the purposes of protection of the domestic labour market, to carry out labour activities in the territory of Belarus, a company must obtain a labour license for a foreigner.
If you have no time to obtain a work permit for the Director General or you need his/her permanent presence for settlement of administrative matters, our company will provide you with the service of temporary directors in Belarus.
Such directors can perform various tasks, interact with the tax inspectorate, customs or the banks. The main requirement to use this service is a complete legality of the client’s business.
OTHER SERVICES IN THE AREA OF REGISTRATION OF A BUSINESS PRESENCE IN BELARUS:
Registration of a Representative Office in Belarus
Registration of a permanent subdivision in Belarus