Registration of companies in Tajikistan
MAIN LAWS ON COMPANY REGISTRATION IN TAJIKISTAN:
The Civil Code of Republic of Tajikistan (June 30, 1999), the Law of Republic of Tajikistan “On the State Registration of Legal Entities and Sole Proprietors” (May 19, 2009).
MAIN BUSINESS LEGAL STRUCTURES IN TAJIKISTAN:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC).
- JSC (Joint-Stock Company - public/non-public).
- Representative Office/Branch.
To choose which legal structure of business in Tajikistan is best for you, you can order us to draw up a legal report, in which we compare pros and cons, as well as tax burden of a certain legal structure.
NAME OF AN LLC IN TAJIKISTAN:
According to the Civil Code of Republic of Tajikistan, an LLC can have a full official name and a short official name in the national language. Full company name in the national language must contain a full name of a company and a word “limited”. Short company name must contain a full or a short name of a company and a word “limited” or an acronym “LLC”.
MINIMUM AUTHORIZED CAPITAL OF AN LLC IN TAJIKISTAN:
According to the laws of Tajikistan, a limited Liability Company (LLC) is a business entity established by one or several persons, authorized capital of which is divided into shares defined by the constituent documents.
Members of a company, under the Law of Republic of Tajikistan “On Limited Liability Companies”, are not responsible for its liabilities and bear the risk of loss connected with the company's operations within the limits of value of their contributions.
The minimum authorized capital of an LLC is 500 somoni (around 75 EUR).
MAIN SERVICES OF REGISTRATION OF A COMPANY IN TAJIKISTAN:
- Preparation of constituent documents of an LLC;
- Registration of a company in registration authorities;
- Ordering and receiving of a seal;
- Registration of data on the companies in extra-budgetary funds;
- Opening of current accounts in Tajikistan and abroad.
- Selection of the taxation system (common, simplified).
BACKGROUND DATA REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION OF AN LLC IN TAJIKISTAN*:
- Company name;
- Registered address (can be provided by us);
- Participant’s data (name, citizenship, passport/company’s constituent documents, tax identification number);
- Amount of the authorized capital;
- Types of activities;
- Chosen bank in Tajikistan and kinds of accounts to be opened therewith;
- Information about the taxation system (common, simplified);
- Other documents and data at the request of the experts of ALPS & CHASE.depending on the nature of business.*
* All of the documents must be provided in advance, so we have time to translate them into Tajik language.
All provided documents must be notarized and legalized in the Embassy of Tajikistan in a participant’s (shareholder’s) country or apostilled according to Hague Convention of 1961 by the relevant authorities after notarization.
For the participants from CIS countries (Russia, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, and Georgia), no apostilization or legalization of the documents is required according to the Minsk Convention on Legal Assistance and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Cases (dated January 23, 1993) (note: depending on the kind of legal actions, there can be some exceptions in the document apostilization).
PRESENCE OF THE PARTICIPANTS DURING REGISTRATION OF A COMPANY:
Presence of the founders during the registration of an LLC in Tajikistan is not necessary. The main registration activities will be performed by our experts under a Power of Attorney.
The presence of the Director General is necessary only at the opening of bank accounts.
TERM OF REGISTRATION OF AN LLC IN TAJIKISTAN:
Registration of a foreign-owned LLC takes 30 days, at an average, despite the fact that the laws indicate shorter period of registration.
APPOINTMENT OF THE GENERAL DIRECTOR IN TAJIKISTAN:
You can appoint either a citizen of Tajikistan or a foreign citizen to a position of the General Director.
A foreign director, before submission of all the documents to the registration authority of the Tax Committee for registration, must obtain a taxpayer's identification number (TIN) in Dushanbe.
Besides, it would also be necessary to provide the documents concerning his/her legal stay in Tajikistan and a relevant registration card (registration of a foreigner in Tajikistan).
If you have no time to obtain a work permit for the Director General or you need his/her permanent presence for settlement of administrative matters, our company will provide you with the service of temporary directors in Tajikistan.
Such directors can perform various tasks, interact with the tax inspectorate, customs or the banks. The main requirement to use this service is a complete legality of the client’s business.
OTHER SERVICES IN THE AREA OF REGISTRATION OF A BUSINESS PRESENCE IN TAJIKISTAN:
- Registration of Representative Offices and Branches in Tajikistan
- Registration of a Permanent Establishment in Tajikistan